Almost daily the media report stories of attacks on women and girls. Those who fight back are more likely to get away, yet without some form of training, it’s hard to know what to do. Join self-defense instructor Julie Morrill for a 2-hour workshop on personal safety where you will learn how to fight back. The training will include safety tips, scenario discussions, and some empowering self-defense techniques. Bring your sense of humor and sense of adventure.
Two workshops to choose from: 12-2 PM or 2-4 PM both on March 3, 2019.
What Will I Learn?
- How to recognize and avoid potentially violent situations
- How to respond to violent situations
- Basic tools for fighting back, including:
* The ideal stance to help maintain your balance and get away
* Basic moves: punches, kicks, elbows, and knees
- Defending against common attacks, such as:
* Wrist grabs
* Bear hugs — both arms free and arms trapped
* Hair pull attacks
* Being pushed to the ground
What should I bring to the event?
Please come in comfortable workout clothing and athletic footwear. You might want to bring a few layers for the discussion portions when we aren’t moving as much. Also, bring a bottle of water and perhaps a few of your favorite workout snacks.
What's the refund policy?
Refunds available if requested before 24 hours of the event.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Sure! Just let us know!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
We recommend that attendees be 13 and older. Participants under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate.